Lawmower Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok...This is the second time I have had issues with LM blennys. I have a 125 with 65 lbs of LR. The fish are contained in the tank have been the same for months now with no new additions. I have 2 clowns, 1 yellow wrasse, 1 yellow tailed damsel. The bleeny since I have gotten him 4-5 months ago has been really thin. Just recently he has become so thin his little stomach is nothing. Its a thin sheet of skin. His head is bigger than his whole body. My water has 0 across the board and then tank has been set up since Dec of last year. I have tried attaching seaweed to a clip and have not ever seen him eat this. Have tried garlic extract as well. I finally caught him last night and put him in QT. There is really nothing in the QT tank for him to eat so I put a thing of seaweed in there for him. Has anyone else had issues with LM's?
Also I have intentionally left the back glass to grow algea and he is always swimming around picking off the glass as well as the rock but just keeps getting thinner and thinner. I really think he is going to die. He isnt stressed and doesnt show any signs of ick...All of the other fish are eating like PIGS! No one picks on the blenny and the water conditions are perfect. I dont think its anything to do with the water or his surroundings....He has been thin since I got him 4-5 months ago and has continued to get thinnner. He doesnt appear to be breathing rapid either. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Try some Green life line. It is a frozen prep that my LM Blenny loves along with the rest of my fish.

Good Luck,

I really think Im going to take him back to the LFS. After talking to a LFS I dont think he is getting enough to eat. I have 2 starfish, 12 turbos, 12 crabs, and everything stays clean for the most part. Everyone is jockying for food and maybe he isnt getting enough. I might try this too though before I take him back. Hope he makes it in order to get him back.
Thanks

I do not think stocking should be a problem. My setup is more heavily stocked and smaller than yours with less LR and my LM Blenny is thriving.

Your LM may just have something wrong with it as a possibility. If the LFS will take it back you might be better off. I would not rule out a LM for your setup though. Otherwise try the Green Life Line and see what happens. Like I stated previously all my fish like it.

HTH,

Back
Top Bottom