lawn mower blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltwaterTeen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am thinking about getting a lawn mower blenny to help get rid of some of my algae in the future and I was wondering if they would eat flakes or frozen than just algae. Thanks Btw, I got about 30lbs of lr from science teacher yesturday for the emporer and the flame angel :) (has some alge I want to get rid of)

I have had one for about 6 months now...its exclusively a grazer. I have never seen it go for anything other than the algae on the rock and glass. That being said, he can find algae on a rock that you would think is clean. It doesnt have to be covered for him to find food.

Squishy

At one of my FS they have all their lawnmowers eating new life spectrum. They had a huge one that will swim to the top and beg.

Usually you can tell just by puting your fingers above their tank. An acclimated fish eating prepared foods will generally look up, or get excited and rush up. All this FS fed was spectrum, so it may be the food of choice for them.

Back
Top Bottom