Lawnmower blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squidward

Aquarium Advice Freak
I Have had a 3-4" lawnmower for about 1 month I have seen him eat a lot of algae off my rocks bit I wanna get if to eat other foods . Any advice ?

Attachments

• image-3637037406.jpg
    image-3637037406.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 115
My lawnmower will only eat algae off of rocks, walls, plumbing, etc. He always has a full belly and is hardy, but if you find out how to get it to take supplemented snacks I'd love to know how!

Keithhjs said:
My lawnmower will only eat algae off of rocks, walls, plumbing, etc. He always has a full belly and is hardy, but if you find out how to get it to take supplemented snacks I'd love to know how!

Ok I will keep you posted , I have a seaweed mix that I feed my tang I'm going to try and see if he will take this .

Ya I add nori of different types, sea veggies, and different types of algae based flakes & pellets, and different algae and plants from my refugium but it only will graze on rocks and such.

Well reduce algae and begin feeding other foods.

Mine eats anything, brine, mysis, blender mush, flake, pellets. Its just a matter of forcing him to switch foods.

Schism said:
Well reduce algae and begin feeding other foods.

Mine eats anything, brine, mysis, blender mush, flake, pellets. Its just a matter of forcing him to switch foods.

Yea I wish mine can soon be just like that . I have been brushing a lot of the algae off my rocks hopefully this helps .

I get these algae tablets from petco made by new life spectrum the lawnmower loves them , had to get creative how i attached them so do the hermit crabs..

Mudzie said:
I get these algae tablets from petco made by new life spectrum the lawnmower loves them , had to get creative how i attached them so do the hermit crabs..

The weird thing is that the algae strips I feed my tang , my pink spotted goby loves . I was thinking of some how attaching those strips to the lr and start off like that . Then change off to like a piece of prawn .

Yea the only problem ive found with rubberbanding any type of food to rocks is the hermit crabs and snails swarm it.. I have a couple of the magnetic algae clips and i made a little support that i rubberband the algae tablets to. Out of reach for all but the fish..

Mudzie said:
Yea the only problem ive found with rubberbanding any type of food to rocks is the hermit crabs and snails swarm it.. I have a couple of the magnetic algae clips and i made a little support that i rubberband the algae tablets to. Out of reach for all but the fish..

Yea I guess that is an issue , I was just looking at your pics how's that flame angel with your corals ?

Ive had it going on close to a year no real problems i keep the fish fed well and they just pick rock between meals..

Back
Top Bottom