Lawnmower blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
My Lawnmower blenny isn't touchint the hair algae in my tank..instead it seems to be picking at bare spots(on the corraline) on the rock...I thought they eat hair algae..should I put some nori in for him..?

Mine never ate the hair algae either. It also never bothered with the nori. They love the green film algae that coats the rocks and glass.

Exactly the same with mine too. He never goes for the hair algae. He likes to pick at snails, equipment, live rock without hair, and the glass. I tried nori and the snails were the only ones to enjoy it.

Now we need to figure out what caused the hair algea in the first place. High organics in your water most likely. Cut back on your feedings to every other day. When you do a water change, rubber band a old tooth brush to the end of your hose and gently brush hair algea off rock and siphon it out of the tank. Been feeding my tank every other day for 8 years with no sgns of algea. Have a good day

I don't have alot of it..just 2 little patches..I was leaving it in there because of the starfish and crabs that love to hide in it..:)

Arent lawnmower blennies those things that hop from rock to rock?

Back
Top Bottom