lawnmower Blenny- do I need more than one?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
i was just messing around on AqAdvisor site and found that you can check saltwater fish too! So I put everything I have into the program and it tells me lawnmower/algae blennies are best in pairs. Is that accurate? According to the site I am 86% stocked. :) I was looking for another fish or two so is another blenny needed?

Thanks, silly question I know but I wanted to check

:-D

can i have that link for that site i would like to check it out

i have never heard of that. all of the tanks i've ever seen that kept them, only kept one. i don't know for sure about keeping them in pairs, but i've not seen any ill effects from just keeping one either.

excellent, was hoping i wasn't doing something wrong. lol
I don't know where that site gets their info from...

that site doesnt have an anthia on the list i wanted to see if i got one how full my aquarium would be

Yeah i just double checked for you. I hate when they don't have the exact fish. It's a hit or miss site.

kms907 said:
It doesn't have quite a few fish, i just picked one that i thought was similar enough (for bioload).

That's a good idea

it's pretty good for some things, but i chose a 92 bow and it allowed me to keep 12 green mandarins in it. just check that against a few other sources before you make a commitment.

BallinCrew10 said:
Very cool. I'm only 76%, and I haven't even upgraded to my 125 yet. My fiancé will be thrilled to know I can add more fish lol

Lol

You don't need more than 1 lawnmower as it will fight with conspecifics and possibly other blennys/gobies.

Lawnmower Blenny, I had one when I started up my 1st aquarium and I was warned that they can be hard to keep because of their eating habits. Sadly I think that is why I lost mine in a fairly short time. That being said I don't know how it would be to keep two of them.

Back
Top Bottom