Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-29-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Lawnmower Blenny with identity crisis?

To help with a hair algae problem I recently added a lawnmower blenny to my 90 reef. He's acclimated well, is making a small impact on the hair algae but is also demonstrating some identity problems. First he devoured a scarlet tree coral. I watche him nip at it in the evening, by morning it was all gone!
Then, this morning he's doing something that my wife told me about and I did not believe - he's nestling in a large hairy mushroom coral EXACTLY like a clownfish does.
Strange behaviour or what?

AndySmithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 06:27 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
LOL, sounds fairly normal for a funky fish to me. They are strange and the behavior you describe is not unheard of.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 08:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Thats funny, my blenny hangs out on one of my PH's all the time.

I came home from work one day and he was sitting in the skimmer 8O (I think he was trying to run for it). I thought he was gonna get sucked up! From then on he just hangs on the PH right next to it.

acid_burn is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com