Leaking, part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dansemacabre

Aquarium Advice Freak
Guess what, after I got my love lr.com live rock, the tank overflow bulkhead decides it wants to inform me it's messed up, and it leaks, all over the particle board stand. So it's worthless. The lr is in the sump, along with the critters. Base rock is drying out, and I'm planning on putting the sand in a large large rubbermaid container (that won't be able to move when full). I'm thinking I should put the sand in, along with maybe a few inches of water above it, and place a heater in. This should keep the sand warm enough to accomodate its inhabitants, until I can buy the lumber Saturday and build me a new stand. The rocks should be OK in the sump, but I'm worried about my sand. Do you think this will work? I know there won't be any water flow, and I know that's bad, but I have no powerhead to spare. Think this will work? I'm desperate. TIA!

I think it might be OK, but you really should have some water movement and ciculation. Maybe an air pump and an airstone.

I suppose I can spare a powerhead from the sump. The protein skimmer adds enough circulation in that area. As expected, the water in the rubbermaid is one mucky soup. I added the heater, but I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to add the powerhead. If I turn it on during a sandstorm, it gets all gritty and clogged up (duh). So I'll do that. Thanks, and I also found a large brittle star that survived. =]

Back
Top Bottom