leaking skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsikins00

Aquarium Advice Activist
Well it has been a while since I have posted since my computer has been "sick", but I have a question. I have a sea clone (I know, they suck) It started leaking where the tube attaches to the main body of the skimmer, and I messed with it, gave up and I havn't had a skimmer on my tank for the past month. Well the algae started to biuld up really bad so I put the skimmer back on and it started pulling nasty sludge out of my tank and the algae is 70% gone. Well now it is leaking again in the same place. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it. I want to keep the skimmer on because my tank looks a lot better now. Buying a new skimmer right now it not really an option for the reason that I am broke. :? Thanks!

PH 8.2
amm 0
trite 0
trate 40
I use RO/DI water and have Phos X in my filiter
temp 80.2

You could try using aquarium silicone to fix it. Go to your local WalMart fish department and get a tube there. I think it cost about $7.00 Good Luck.

I had a remora do the same thing. Not sure if it came that way or if I broke it while messing with it.
Anyway, I did what IfoundNemo suggested, just used aquarium silicone. The first time I applied it I put it on rather thin and maybe didn't wait long enough (2 days I think). It started to leak again. I took it back off, completely removed the silicone I added, waited a day or 2 for everything to dry out, then reapplied it but made it quite a bit thicker than the first time, waited probably 5 or 6 days and put it back in service. Knock on wook, no leaks yet.

You could also try using a product called "Marine Goop". It is used for various aquatic sealing purposes. HTH

8)

Back
Top Bottom