leather coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigben2057

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I picked up this leather from petco yesterday and noticed that I think it has cyano on it. So i placed it in my 3 gallon aside from my 30 to do chemiclean on it. Dose it look like cyano? On the tips its a bit pinkish.

Attachments

• DSC02438.jpg
    DSC02438.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC02439.jpg
    DSC02439.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 87
I just got it at petco yesterday and it was in that condition. I has s kind of a pinkish tint on some parts. I might move it back to my 30 if its not cyano.

Cyano is eveyones tank, even yours already. Using a chemical on it will not solve anything. I see no cyano. Keep the leather under proper conditions and it will do ok. Changing it between 3 different tanks in a short period does not help either.

Cyano grows as the result of nutrients, stop using chemiclean. It will not solve cyano issues and it stresses out the tank. Chemicals and reef tanks dont mix.

Ive seen people use chemiclean and it wipes out fish etc. only to have the cyano come back at some point shortly after or algae grows in its place. Just trying to give you the headup. Cyano is not an infection that will spread because it is present on a coral it requires nutrients just like algae to grow. If you have no nitrates and no phosphates then you wont have a problem.

If cyano would be present on the coral which i do not see that it is, then simply siphoning off the cyano will be sufficient so as to not inteoduce thise bound nutrients into your tank.

Back
Top Bottom