Leather coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clowninround

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just got back from a big sale in tampa. Bought a bunch of corals. One of them smells and the water it's in looks milkly. It's a large leather coral. The rest of the corals are a ok and water is clear.

Not a good sign. It'll need lots of flow as some leathers will become coated in heavy coats of slime when stressed. They are heavy slime producers anyway and need good flow to keep themselves clean. I would give it a dip in Kent Tech D and place it in a high flow area. Chances are, it will be OK once it gets cleaned up and acclimates. If it begins to deteriorate, I'd frag it immediately and try to save some of the better looking frags. JMHO. What variety of leather is it?

I asked them but they said "just a type of leather, not sure exactly which one" :roll: . It looks like a fiji leather, the bright yellow ones that are shaped in a cup almost, but this one is yellow only on it's polyps. Actually, it's a very pretty color. I will take a pic tommorrow when the lights are on. I really hope it'll be ok, it is a bueatiful coral! I also got some zoo's that are bright yellow, all bright yellow. Rare for me to fine those in a pet shop. When I saw them I stood in front of it and while my friend got the sales person (the store was wall to wall) I must have waited a half an hour, but I got em.

Back
Top Bottom