Leather coral help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think wow lol. Had me. Sure looked like a torch.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have found that leathers will adapt to any conditions, low flow, high flow, high or low lighting. I have had my leather for 7 years, it is 10 times what it was when I got it, it is my show piece. Good water and water changes and good lighting, mine is under 2x160 Razors, at the bottom of the tank (24") before that it was 2x250 MH, don't feed or supplement, easy coral

I don't care what you say, that first pic looks like a torch :D. I must say that is the stubbiest toadstool I've ever seen

I must say I have to agree, I totally thought it was a torch from the short stalk and longgg tentacles (and white tips)

You sir have one unique toad :)

That doesn't look like a torch to me in the slightest. It is obviously a soft leather coral as there is no calcified skeleton a LPS coral would have. Torches grow in heads on stoney stalks. Like frogspawn or other LPS.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399152601.259004.jpg

Last edited:
That doesn't look like a torch to me in the slightest. It is obviously a soft leather coral as there is no calcified skeleton a LPS coral would have. Torches grow in heads on stoney stalks. Like frogspawn or other LPS.View attachment 235942

Did you see the first pic? That's the only one that I (and Red) were talking about, in the next pics you can clearly see it's a toad.

In the first pic, there could have been a calcified stalk for all we knew, which was the question.

It's the first pic I looked at. No issues, I was just mentioning that the stalk wasn't stoney, nor branching. That kind of removes it from most LPS shaped corals like this.

It's the first pic I looked at. No issues, I was just mentioning that the stalk wasn't stoney, nor branching. That kind of removes it from most LPS shaped corals like this.

That's true, good point. Nice torch btw :)

I told ya what it was. Lol anyways I will trade someone it, for a torch

Back
Top Bottom