leather coral question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ethreal

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed when reading around the subject of soft/leather corals that I didnt see any specific information regarding what water parameters they will tolerate.

Example most articles focus of light and flow. Most articles say that softies are more tolerant of 'poorer' water quality than sps/lps, but I cant see anything that specifically says nitrate, amonia, nitrite must be under ?? ppm - surely there is a threshold above which softies will not flourish even with the best lighting and flow conditions.

Could anyone point me in the direction of such info, or perhaps you know this infor and would be kind enough to share it with me.

Thanks Eth x x x

Well you want 0 ammonia and nitrites if you plan to have any fish or CUC. Nitrate you may get to go over 20ppm for the leather itself, but again or else you're looking for a softie/leather coral only tank for fragging, you're gonna want to keep it all low for your fish or more delicate corals.

Back
Top Bottom