Leather eating Limpet!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phyl

Aquarium Advice Addict
Raza-frata-flippin-thinga-majig limpet skinned a nice sized hunk out of my favorite leather! Yowza! He's appeared to have been a model citizen in my tank since November when I got my LR. Last night I saw him ravaging around by the leather and thought 'how cool. I can see you really well from here' and this afternoon when I stopped home after a meeting I look in the tank and there he is munching away and I can see the damage he's caused in his wake. I had to rip him off of it but it finally came free. Snarl! One by one all of the really cool hitch hiker's that I've gotten from my LR have gotten into inforgivable trouble and have been banned from the reef. My poor leather.

He's probably been feeding on sponges and such up til now. Mine have been very well behaved for the last three years, and I even see babies from time to time. I have dozens of them. But, so far I've been lucky that they've left my corals alone. I hope your leather recovers. :(

The leather looks its happy self right now so I don't *think* it will suffer any long term damages from the limpet. I can't imagine how freaked out I'd be if I pulled one of those off of my leather knowing that there were dozens left in the tank! YIKES! Glad yours remain model citizens!

Back
Top Bottom