Leather Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beachbumin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got a struggling leather from my LFS and it has shedded almost to nothing. There is a small stump left and now it seems to be doing ok. My question is should I remove it or see how it goes. It has shrunk to more than 1/3 of its original size and lost most of its color from what it was when I got it but hasnt turned black or been attacked by the hermits or any other of the cleaner critters. Just wondering what the chances are of it coming back.......

Ziggy953 said:
What kind of leather is it? How long did you acclimate it?

It would be good to know these. Also I would put some strong to moderate flow on him.

I would keep him with some moderate-high lighting with some good flow as melosu suggested. These corals are like weeds, leave it where it is at the very least and aim a pw in its direction.

They are pretty tough corals. I wouldnt worry about it right away. The one i just got was in my friends tank for a year and it got too big so he gave it to me. I bagged it and brought it home, without dripping it, i just put it in my tank and it was open with polyps out in about 2 hours.

Back
Top Bottom