LED Lighting schedule, Help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shattrd3

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm so lost with this schedule and how long whites and blues should be on. I'm reading 8 hours then I'm seeing 12 hours.
Can someone help me with advice. I currently have 35 gallon Solana with Taotronics 120 W dimmable blues and whites.
My current schedule is whites come on first from 7am-3pm and blues 7am-4:30pm. I have whites on about bare minimum I wouldnt even say 10% and blues up to about 50%-60%(that's probably the problem)
I've notice colors on my zoo's and acan have faded a little in color over the past 3 days.
Thank

That schedule seems fine (mine is very similar). I personally would have the blues start in the morning before the whites. Gives it more of a "natural" morning feel. How tall is your tank? 10% seems a little low for my taste however if your tank is shallow it might be ok. Also, what type of coral are you growing?

Cool good to know I'm doing something slightly right. My Tank is 20 inces tall and my lights hang about 14 inces above.

I personally don't know the equation for light intensity based on distance/depth, however 34 inches to the sandbed is plenty high. I'd look into slowly raising your whites. I have my aqua illuminations only 6 inches above my water and have my whites peaking at 50%. I'm not saying you should go that high but just know you can. From what I hear a lot of people keep their lights between 40 and 50%. (And by slowly I mean weeks if not months). Just my opinion though, I only know what I've had success with :)

I'm so lost with this schedule and how long whites and blues should be on. I'm reading 8 hours then I'm seeing 12 hours.
Can someone help me with advice. I currently have 35 gallon Solana with Taotronics 120 W dimmable blues and whites.
My current schedule is whites come on first from 7am-3pm and blues 7am-4:30pm. I have whites on about bare minimum I wouldnt even say 10% and blues up to about 50%-60%(that's probably the problem)
I've notice colors on my zoo's and acan have faded a little in color over the past 3 days.
Thank

That seems a bit light on the light (no pun intended). Also, you can go up to 12 hours for blues and 6-8 or 9 for whites should be good. If algae starts to occur, cut back on the total time for lights, white reduced first. Probably a bit more white light as well.

I think I'm going to try a 12 hour blues with blues coming on first and ending and a 8 hour white cycle. With both at 30% and see where that takes me, i guess

I think I'm going to try a 12 hour blues with blues coming on first and ending and a 8 hour white cycle. With both at 30% and see where that takes me, i guess

Sounds good. I wouldn't jump right to 30% overnight though. Like everything in this hobby taking it slow is key :) let me know how it goes

Back
Top Bottom