LED Lighting - Taotronics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am considering taking the plunge into the LED world. I am currently running MH over my 210. It seems there is very little penetration to the depths of this tank. Not to mention, my corals aren't growing nearly as well as I'd expect. My real reason for posting this, is because I was curious if the people here could post pictures of their tanks with taotronics. Before and after would be even better. I just dont want to buy something (again) that I am not pleased with. Thank you all...

Justin, what look are you trying to achieve? The fixtures you mentioned will make the tank look as though it's got 14k halides over it, give or take. A bit of blue, and a shimmer.
It's hard to catch what the naked eye sees in a photograph...at least through my monitor it does.
There are many shots in my PB folder...the first ...about 20 or so pages are pictures under the straight blue and white taotronics or similar fixtures.
GORILLA_MONSOON's Library | Photobucket

Hey Justin I just got two of those taotronics led's and they are very bright and nicely made you won't go wrong picking up these lights

Justin, what look are you trying to achieve? The fixtures you mentioned will make the tank look as though it's got 14k halides over it, give or take. A bit of blue, and a shimmer.
It's hard to catch what the naked eye sees in a photograph...at least through my monitor it does.
There are many shots in my PB folder...the first ...about 20 or so pages are pictures under the straight blue and white taotronics or similar fixtures.
GORILLA_MONSOON's Library | Photobucket

That's exactly the look I am going for. Under my current MH, I don't have nearly that look. Nor do the lights actually penetrate the bottom of the tank. If I had a par meter, I'd be able to get readings of my current light setup but from the sounds of it (and looks) the LED's seem to be my better option. And it seems taotronics are more in my price range. The only drawback is that I'd need 3 fixtures witch gets kinda out of my price range at the moment. I might just have to buy them one at a time.

Any chance you can post pictures? Possibly a before and after with a description of the previous lights?

The problem with before and after pictures is that cameras adjust the light going into the lens. What will be insanely bright to the eye can look really dim on camera.

Just go for the taos... They use roughly a 1/3- 1/2 the power, run exponentially cooler, dont need replaced every year (bulb-wise) and offer more than enough power to grow corals

Back
Top Bottom