LED Lights for 125 Mixed Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrettyFishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone. I'm thinking of upgrading from t5's to LED. Looking to discuss the best systems for both coral health and flexibility.

Tank is 6ft long.

I just put up 3 of the tao chinese led panels yesterday over my 180g, 6 feet long. Cost met $389 on ebay for the three. Gives good coverage over the entire length and they can keep just about any coral I can think of. I';d look into those first unless you have a $1200 or more budget then I might look at aqua illuminations led's.

If you can solder, a group LED buy would allow you to build a custom fixture for about 30% more than a equivalent Chinese fixture that can dim and be computer controlled. This one dims 4 channels, so you can fine tune the look you want.

Attachments

• image-945710959.jpg
    image-945710959.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 68
  • image-470640354.jpg
    image-470640354.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
If you can solder, a group LED buy would allow you to build a custom fixture for about 30% more than a equivalent Chinese fixture that can dim and be computer controlled. This one dims 4 channels, so you can fine tune the look you want.

Thanks but want to start with ready made systems. I did the DIY for my T5 and just don't feel too motivated for that right now.

Have any brand / model recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom