Led Lights? Urgent Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JsQuid

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey you all, would these lights be an upgrade from my current fixture? My lights are a t5ho fixture with all 4 ati bulbs. My tank is a 40 breeder by the way. I'm looking to purchase now since they are cheap, but only if they are worth it. Attached are photos and a description!!! [221489[/ATTACH]ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391901679.791679.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391901686.252883.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391901693.449824.jpgI have for sale, two LED light strips that I was using on my fish tank. These bars have 24 1w LEDs each, 12 5k and 12 453 royal blue each with 60 degree lenses. They use quick disconnect power supplies, and have a glass splash shield.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391901672.652534.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391901672.652534.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 122
Forgot to mention, my tank has a hammer, green bubble tip, candy coral, a Favia, and an acan!!!

Honestly probably not. They only use 1 watt leds and the nem would likely suffer. Also 5k is a gross yellow look

So not strong enough? Okay, thanks! I'm not up to date on LED's

I was just confused because one of the store I visit has nearly an identical fixture, but I'm sure his our much more advanced. He grows everything with ease!

I was just confused because one of the store I visit has nearly an identical fixture, but I'm sure his our much more advanced. He grows everything with ease!

Yeah I know some fixtures look almost identical but some are crap while others grow everything lol. Maybe ask that store what the exact light they are using is.

I will definitely have too! Thanks!!!

It's 2 sets of lights. So 2 24 sets of 1w. The problem with them being 1W is penetration.

Oh haha you're right I just saw the 24 watt thing. I didn't even see they had 2 for sale whoops. But yeah 1 watt leds=48 won't keep a nem alive.

you want to look for 3w led's and not all 3 watt less are equal. You will want to look for Cree led's, and some light ramp up and down and some do not. In the led market you get what you pay for. Also 2 bad fixtures do not make 1 good fixture. It does matter if it is 12 (1 watt) led's or 24 (1 watt) led's, it does change the par rating or give you any more penetration, it may look bright but that has nothing to do with the amount of light your corals are receiving.

I disagree. Twenty four 1 watt LEDs will give you more PAR than 12 of the same. These are just not good for deep tanks.
Without checking these units with a meter, I would guess they are about as powerful as a single T5 lamp. 4 of them would be about what you are trying to replace.

Nothing wrong with 1 watt LEDs. Some LEDs have different lenses which effects penetration a lot.
But the color temperature isn't what you will want and there are better fixtures out there for similar money. This setup would give you just over a watt per gallon. I would buy a common dimable 120 watt fixture so you could deliver as much as 3 watts per gallon if SPS or anemones are in your future.

I like them too. But I distributed about 50 of them when they first came out. They weren't Taotronic, but they were pretty identical in every way. I have also sold 100 - 200 and 400 watt flood lights in my business all made in China. I have in those three years lost 5 drivers and one panel. While that isn't bad, it isn't good either. I also distributed RapidLED and had zero failures. I think going forwards I will concentrate on domestically made fixtures or DIY like GroupLED buy for my fish tanks. Not saying the Chinese panels aren't a bargain, I still have 5 of them. But I think I will pay a few bucks more to get a fixture built a bit better next time.

I like them too. But I distributed about 50 of them when they first came out. They weren't Taotronic, but they were pretty identical in every way. I have also sold 100 - 200 and 400 watt flood lights in my business all made in China. I have in those three years lost 5 drivers and one panel. While that isn't bad, it isn't good either. I also distributed RapidLED and had zero failures. I think going forwards I will concentrate on domestically made fixtures or DIY like GroupLED buy for my fish tanks. Not saying the Chinese panels aren't a bargain, I still have 5 of them. But I think I will pay a few bucks more to get a fixture built a bit better next time.

I love LED flood lights for freshwater planted tanks. Very cheap.

OP, if your up for it you could even build your own LED fixture. It's not too difficult.

Back
Top Bottom