Led on a 120gallon tall new build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobdlaw610

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thinking of using these on my new reef tank sps lps. Using t5 right now with no issues but would love to have all the benefits of led. These are off eBay anyone have any insight if the specs seem good enough for growing my coral thanks for the help

Attachments

• image-3135639382.jpg
    image-3135639382.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 78
I plan on ordering my new aquarium just want to make sure my existing corals will not just be ok but I hope better with new lighting

If the T5's were working, be careful and start the LEDs on a low setting and work them up as your coral adjusts. Lots if variables, lenses, power efficiency, tank depth, type of coral, led color, etc. So best thing is go slow and don't underestimate the power the LEDs have.

Depending on the length of the tank, you might need 2 or 3 fixtures .

With out a doubt IMO a proper led fixture will grow any coral that can be grown artificially using light. Clams, sps, the lot of them can be grown. Just be advise the light is only part of the solution to growing hard corals. I think a large number of folks on this forum have moved to LEDs. But even T5's can grow hard corals under proper conditions and tank size.

I already grow under t5s I pay very close attention to tank parameters just looking for a change in lighting led seems to offer more

They are superior on a number of fronts.

Cost less (if you go Chinese) otherwise about the same fixture cost.

Less heat
Much longer life
Better flicker effect
Etc.

Back
Top Bottom