Leech like creature in fishes mouth!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

efdiaz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a small percula clown that got a leech like creature in his mouth..everytime the little guy opens his mouth the leech like creature pops out and in...he hasnt been eating sinve he got this thing in his mouth. Any afvice on wat i can do?

Was he tank bred or caught in the wild? Did this just happen? Wild clown fish sometimes get an organism that attaches to their tongue and eventually replaces the tongue all together. Sometimes the fish dies and other times they live in harmony with this organism. There are articles online about it. I believe it is called a tongue eating louse?

Im pretty sure hes tank raised and yea i started noticing the creature just yesterday when he would open his mouth

Ewww there was a horror movie about that parasite. Lol. The Bay. It wasn't very good. But the creature was pretty disturbing.

+1 on fw dip. If dude isint eating I don't see harm in copper or something strong in a QT until it's gone

yea that little guy is a trooper he spent at least 5 days on hes side maybe moving just to switch sides to lay on. But hes all good now :) him and his buddy are still in QT. I used General Cure but honestly i don't think it had anything to do with the general cure the dam leech must have just got tired of being in his mouth or he was able to force it out. i found the big fat leech on one of the PVC pipes i had in there. a pik of the dam blood sucker.

Attachments

• IMAG1135.jpg
    IMAG1135.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 105
not sure if the pik went through on previous post, here it is again.

Attachments

• IMAG1135.jpg
    IMAG1135.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 112
Yes im 99.9% the poor guy had that one in nis mouth and another sticking iut his gills which ibwas able to get to. Inve i removed the one from his gills he was doing way better. The one in the pik is the one thatvstayed in his mouth and somehow came off a couple days later

Yup his having a blast in the all black QT!!! Hes a bit of a picky eater now but he is eating and swimming all over the place. Yea he recovered 100% i believe from his near death exp...

Back
Top Bottom