lemon shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
flatzboy said:
hey vega sharks have a very slow growth rate in the wild to I don't know if there are any fisherman on here but I am apart of the igfa tagging foundation and I tag all the pelagic fish and sharks I catch so if they are caught again they can see how much they grown and how far they have traveled. Last summer there was a nurse shark that was caught that had a tag in it and he measured and turned the info in to igfa the shark was only 2ft 3 in. when orginally caught and it has grown after 6 years to only 4ft 5 in. in length.

Hi flatz,

Ok, a nurse shark have slow grow rate. But eventually as a good aquarist you manage to kept the shark for 6 years n it reach 4ft in the 700 gal. Now base on your knowledge gain in Igfa, pls tell me how big the tank you will need for a 4 ft shark? :?

For others whom is interested in keeping shark probabily lots ppl in AA will give them the proper advises, but i am truthly disappointed as someone whom active involve in Igfa seems try to bring the message that "it ok to kept a nurse shark as they have slow grow rate n it took a 2 footer 6 years to reach 4 footer". or do your message imply that the shark will not survive for 6 years in home tank, n that person can kept buying new small shark as the old one die off after 1-2 years? :x

4ft inactive bottom dweller shark=several, several thousand gallons
4ft active shark (such as black tip)= Monterey Bay Aquarium

If anyone gets a shark, definitly skip the nurse shark. It still grows to 14 feet.
Good sharks for a 700 gal...
Horn shark
Coral catsharks (plural)
Banded bamboo sharks (plural)
Epaulatte sharks (plural)

OR better yet.. spend the thousands of dollars on an uber reef setup.

I've heard of people donating them to seaworld. Also I don't know about where you live but in my area there is an organization called the Pelican Man and it started like 50 years ago and it use to be dedicated to saving birds and adding to there facility but they have extended it now to any type of animals. The place is like a zoo not only for people to see but they save all kinds of wildlife and then release it back into the wild. They will probably not release a shark into the wild due to it would'nt be able to take care of itself because it is adapted to aquariums. We also have many large aquariums here in florida that would take in a shark.

Pelican Man hehehehe to funny ya said that !! makes me remember a story !! but they are up tight there to say the least !! had a lady there freak out on my for catching a lizard when i was there!! she was upset that i caught him telling me they are endangered ect.. lol and later she asked me were i put the lizard i told her i fed it to her birds(which i didnt) she almost cried heheh!! flatzboy i was born and raised in venice!! did you go to school there??

Yea thats were I go to school now I am only 14 yrs I go to venice area middle school. I am going into 9th grade at venice highschool. Venice is over populated with old people!

hehe i was in 8th grade when they opened that school :) nothing around it but dead people hehehe

Yeah my friend got suspended from school for 10 days and they said if he went and worked at the grave yard for 5 days they would cut his suspension down to 5 days so he ended up working at the grave yard during his suspension.

This thread has been locked.

It has taken a seriously off topic turn in the last day and the original poster has already stated they won't be getting a shark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom