Lemonpeel Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrndHog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Two days ago, I took my LP out of QT after 6weeks of observation. All looked good, he was eating and showed no signs of parasites. I watched him today pick at my trumpet coral, zoos and green leather finger. This is really making me mad seeing him do this, at one point I tryed to harpoon him with the end of a fishing rod.

Has anyone experienced this behavior w/ Lemonpeels and do you think he lose interest in picking at these corals?

None of the angels are considered reef-safe. I would get rid of the lemonpeel before it clears out the corals. Lando

Pretty common (IMO inevitable) behaviour for dwarf angels. Some don't do it for years but others start right away.. they are so beautiful that it's one of those risks that many think is worth taking, myself included. I very much doubt it will lose interest. Could try a replacement or save yourself the stress and go for something else.

I wanted a dwarf so bad but I have not done it in my reef for that reason. Some say they will nip right off the bat and some later down the road. :(

Well I guess I'll try and catch him with a trap. He is one of the most beautiful LP's I've seen, but when I look at my tank now I dont' enjoy it because I'm watching him nip at everything, very stressful. :x

As I mentioned earlier, dwarf angels are not 100% reef safe. But, man, are they cool fish. You may want to try a Coral Beauty instead. I have had no trouble with any of mine nipping at coral, it is still agamble though. I just had to remove a flame angel from my tank becaue of the same problem. Honestly, it really depends on the actual fish, some love corals, some do not bother them at all. It is just a pain catching them...Lando

Back
Top Bottom