Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-01-2011, 11:39 AM   #51

i uneerstand you arent trying to be rude but look how many questions i have asked and how long i have been on the forum

Old 10-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

You will be more successful in your hobby if when you ask a question, you heed the advice. And be patient.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

A dotty back is a very mean fish it can stress out other fish the point of causing disease. Nipping and biting can cause an open wound that will cause infection.

The fishyou would like to have isn't a good combination even in a larger tank. I tried to put a lemonpeel in with a royal gamma and a clown fish in a 55 gallon tank. In less than a week I had to put him in a tank I was planning to sell. The royal gamma hid and the clown was constantly being beat up. I thought a week was to long for it to go on but trying to get it out took a lot more work than I could have done before work.

I like to think of it this way you have a 3 bedroom home everyone has their own space and you decide to have 2 more people move in. The stress alone with only one bathroom is enough to cause a fight. People I will only have one fish in the tank and it might be a clown in a 5 gallon tank which I have seen done but that is like saying ok you are a size 10 I want you to wear a size 5 underwear. Think about how long it will take you to get crabby and want to rip them off.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love it when ppl come on the forum to ask questions when their mind is made up.

Dottyback in a 20? BAD idea
ANY angel in a 20? BAD idea

You will get what we are saying when you either have a fish killing another or an outbreak of ich.

This hobby is akin to a marathon - slow, calculated and ever-evolving along the way. I've been in it for more than 10 years and still learn new information.

Get a few books, do more research, write out a plan. You're working with a very small tank that makes things that much harder. You seriously need to consider hardier, beginner fish and really think about comparability. In your 20, keeping the stability of your waters going to be a challenge and you don't want more trouble with fighting and stressed out fish.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #55

which fish would you reccomend, i am open to ideas
Old 10-01-2011, 01:29 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacheyp
which fish would you reccomend, i am open to ideas
Go to liveaquraia.com... Click on marine fish, click on beginner sw fish. U can even put in ur tank size.
Old 10-01-2011, 02:11 PM   #57

it said dotty and clowns are ok, angel is only issue
Old 10-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Activist

POTM Champion

neither (tank too small)
20 brackish
tdwright1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:43 PM   #59

not according to live aqueria
Old 10-01-2011, 03:09 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacheyp
i uneerstand you arent trying to be rude but look how many questions i have asked and how long i have been on the forum
Ok, OBVIOUSLY we don't know crap! U have been on this forum for 3 weeks and have roughly 200-300 post. Wow, I don't even know why people are writing here when you totally disrespect all of our suggestions! You have an answer to everything, you are rude AND u I wish you the best of luck on killing and stressing out your fish

I hope you understand that I am upset because you are dealing with ALIVE creatures that have feelings and needs. Some species are endangered and if people like you dont start to think what they are doing it's gonna be more and more.
We are not giving you advice to be mean, we r trying to help. You treat our knowledge like crap. I have been doing this for 3-4 years and still learn a lot!!!

... Ugh I know I'm gonna get in trouble but it's time somebody says something

Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, eat, eel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com