Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
Leng Sy Visits My Favorite LFS...AND LIKES IT!!

I just got back from checking to see what my favorite LFS (which only has 1 employee who is also the owner) had in stock for my future acquisitions and get some frozen food. She was VERY excited when I came in as she had some news!

Last week, Leng Sy, the President and CEO of Ecosystems and Coral Magazine, had come all the way to Maine specifically to visit her LFS, as he had heard very good things from her wholesaler about the place.

He told her that she had one of the most beautiful stores he had seen in the US. He also autographed one of his pictures of his corals in one of her books (I forgot which one).

Her store is very well laid out with Breeder Tanks for stock and some beautiful 90G display tanks. She had designed the store to look like a den in someones house with knotty pine panelling. This store is the store that got me interested in Marine Tanks...before this store...The only SW tanks I saw looked like a bunch of salt creeping mess. Her tanks are always immaculate.

She has only been in business since August of 2004, but has developed a large and faithful following.

If anyone is the the Portland, Maine area, I would recommend checking out this LFS:

Atlantis Marine Fish & Supplies
50 Maine Mall Rd, South Portland, Maine
Telephone Number: 207-253-5558

P.S. I do not work for, nor am I affiliated financially with this LFS...I am just a happy customer. Well...perhaps I am financially affilliated...as I spend a lot of my hard earned cash there.

90 Gallon Fresh Water Planted w/ CO2:
7 Brilliant Rasbora, 6 Harlequin Rasboras, 3 Dwarf Neon Rainbows, 1 Red Tailed Shark, 2 American Flag Fish, 4 Skunk Botia Loaches

40 Gallon Breeder Salt Water: 4 inch DSB (2/3 Agaramax & 1/3 Sea Flor), Bak Pak 2R Skimmer w/ BBX, 2 x JBJ PHs, Coralife Lunar Aqualight (2x96w), 30lb Base Rock and 40lbs of Live Rock.
Inhabitants: Purple Firefish, Pygmy Angel, Lawmower Blenny, 2 Cleaner Shrimp, 1 Peppermint Shrimp, Pistol Shrimp(HH), 1 Emerald Crabs, 3 Porcelin Crabs(HH), varying amounts and varieties of hermit and snails.

3 Gallon Eclipse:
1 Goldfish (won free at a fair...cost $50 in equipment)
WhiteCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
You are extremely lucky to have a great LFS close by!

54G AGA Corner Tank
Eheim 2215 Canister Filter (w/ live rock rubble in it)
3 Maxijet 1200 Power Heads
Aqua C Remora Protein Skimmer
Acqua C Remora Pre-Skimmer
75 pounds Live Rock
30" 2x65w Coralife Lunar Aqualights
Diatom Filter
Turbo Twist UV

2 Percula Clowns, Diamond Golby, Flame Angel, Royal Gramma, Lawnmower Blenny, PPmint shrimp, 3 emerald crabs and a huge cleaning crew (snails and crabs)
djmpj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
AA Team Emeritus
Send a message via Yahoo to loganj
I second that! We have two in Dalton. The one I like the best is changing from an LFS to an LR&BS (local reptile and bird store). They're taking out most of their fish room. The other one...well...when they get corals in, I go pick the ones I'm going to want. A few weeks later, once they've nearly killed them, I pick them up for $5-10 a piece and nurse them back to health. Need I say more?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
Logan J
loganj is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com