Leopard Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a leopard blenny this weekend......

I saw him at the store and he didn't look like he had anything to eat..... poor guy. They supposedly aren't reef safe because one of there main sources of food is SPS (mainly acropora) polyps. The SPS isn't supposed to be there first food choice and they are supposed to eat plankton as a first option.

I bought him some acropora and he is eating and doing well....... He won't touch a and kind of soft or LPS corals at all but he loves acropora. I worked out an arrangement with the guys at my LFS to get damaged SPS from there wholesaler so I can keep this little guy alive and happy.

I kinda have mixed emotions about keeping the fish, but I feel pretty good about the fact I know I'll give him what he need to eat to live ........ the poor guy probably hadn't eaten in about a month.

So far the little guy is doing great! He's been nibbling on the acropora I gave him and he has started to not be so skiddish about people looking in the tank.

If any of you guys have ever kept one of these little guys and have any suggestions about taking care of him, I'd appreciate the advice. I know this little guy is going to be hard to keep happy, but at least I know that if he's in my living room he'll be given everything he need to survive.

I'll try to get some pictures of him and put them in my thread in the showoff forum after he gets a little more acclimated.

Until then, he kindof looks like this:
l9605ssd.jpg

Jason said:
The SPS isn't supposed to be there first food choice and they are supposed to eat plankton as a first option.
Actually coral polyps are the blennies primary <<diet>>

Cheers
Steve

ahhhhh well, this little guy decided that the food I was giving him wasn't good enough and he ate some of my hard corals. A gave him to a really god guy at the store. He put him in an invert only system and has been feeding him acro's for about a week now. I don't think he wants to sell him. The little guy isn't in my tank anymore but i get to see him all the time so I feel okay about it.

Back
Top Bottom