Leptastrea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have one? How's the growth rate? Do they take very long to start showing growth? Where should you place it in your tank? They say near the bottom and possibly in a bit of a shady area. They also say medium flow.

It grows at sps rate. I never even saw that it was growing. You are correct that you have to be careful with lighting. My radions roasted them. Make sure it's pretty shaded. I had one under a power head in terms if flow, but mine never opened up like is seen online pictures of. It just existed and slowly spread onto another rock.

Mine got stung by my carpet nems and had to move it. Still trying to find a place where it is happy.

No fully photosynthetic coral belongs in a shaded area. That said most LPS are low to medium light IMO/IME. Definitely not under full strength LEDs. At least not initially.
Mine did fine under moderate lighting.

Yes, it should be fine there. The coral will tell you what it needs in terms of light. If it starts to turn brown, or dull up a bit, it needs more light, and if it starts to bleach, it needs less.
Water parameters aside of course.

Back
Top Bottom