Lets see.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well tonight I spent the last 3 hours acclimating and releasing a velvet dottieback and a regal tang into my 125. All of my tank mates seem to be ok..The dottieback immediately went and hit in the LR, the regal wanted to get to know his mates after a brief breather into the LR as well. The yellow tailed damsel puffed up at the regal and they seem to be ok with one another so far. The damsel still puffs up at him from time to time but the regal is a little larger.
The dottieback is still hiding and the damsel wants so bad to get to him. The damsel is trying to whip him with is tail which isnt working as the dottieback is in some LR to where he cant get to him. I assume after a couple of days and a little work they will all be ok with one another.
So far the damsel has been very accomidating with the addition of 2 dalse percs, a wrasse and a blenny that I did have at one time. Anyone have any dealings with a dottieback and a damsel? I know damsels are usual very agressive but to this point he is very loving.
Wish me luck!! The regal has been in QT since 6/1 as well as the dottie for ick as I bought them both new and QT them before going into the main tank.

Good luck, this is always the nervous part. After all the work with qt, you hope everyone will get along.

Yes I know. AND if thats not enough to be nervous about, you hope that the QT and treatment you did killed everything that isnt supposed to be going into your main tank too!!

All the dottybacks I've had have been able to hold their own with any fish :wink:

Well all is well and everyone has met the other one so we are all good. I think the regal is looking better...not a lot, but better and he loves to ride the powerheads stream. And he is eating as well. Hoping his color comes back if nothing else.
Thanks to all for the help.
And yes the dottieback is no longer afraid of the damsel!! :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom