Level of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swiftwing7

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to level my tank and was wondering how important the levelness of the tank is? How Perfect does it have to be? I am trying to figure out a way to level the tank by putting something under the stand. The foundation of the whole house is poured slightly off level so my stand is off and if I just leveled the tank it might be noticable that the sides arn't all parallel. When I use a bubble level on one side of the tank the bubble is close to the line. When I put it on other side it touches it, Is this that bad? The tank wouldn't have to move that much to fix it and I was wondering how crucial it is too fix it. I was thinking maybe a bit of thin cork under the stand. I already have a layer of cork around the top of the stand that the tank sits on. Its about 1/8 of an inch. Should I should just double it?
Thanks

Get it as close as possible. Fill 1/2 with water and check again. The cork may balance things out. The more out of balance the tank is the more likely you may get stress fractures over time.

Back
Top Bottom