Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
LFS had a flower anemone... does anyone have one of these?

LFS has a flower anemone. ($9) it is a good 3" across
Which from what I have read is full grown for tank specimen.

Does anyone have one of these?
Not looking at getting it but when I am ready to go the anemone route you cant beat $9 (Unless they are tank killers hehe)

Any info would be great
Like diet and such. Most online info says carnivore and meaty bits. but what will they take?

Thanks in advance

Thanks a Bunch!!

Prizm Prot skimmer
Penquin 250gph biowheel
1 Green Chromis
1 False perc
1 Royal Gramma
12 hermits (Various)
Raker333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 10:10 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have one and i think its ok only been about 2 weeks but no problems. the guy in the store said they were fine with a reef tank , i think i might have to get rid of my condy anenome(fish killer)

drdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 2. I bought the first one about 9 months ago and it's doing great. When I got it it was brownish-red like a mushroom and about 2-2.5 inches across. It' now about 4" and has taken on a beautiful greenish blue color. It really looks nice under moonlight. It has hosted an anemone shrimp and a white porcelain crab. Now my ocellaris clown hosts on him and sleeps on him at night. I recently purchased a second one. This one is whitish with brown spots in the center and has bright green tentacles. Neither has ever moved after placing it's foot, unlike my condy. They like to attach to a rock where it meets the sand. IME, if you place them on the sand near the base of a rock they pretty much attach right there, making placement easy. I feed them small pieces of krill and mysis a couple times a week. It's really neat to watch them grab the food and fold over to put it in their open mouths.
arowanaman420 is offline   Reply With Quote

anemone, flow, lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com