Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not sure how local this is for you, but trading with a club member might be a good idea.

Florida Reef Club a Reefing Community - Index

Old 03-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

I'm not sure I understand, you wanted a pink-tipped Haitian? These are Condylactis spp., usually passiflora so if this is correct then either way you would be purchasing a condy.

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Yeah i was reading that the pink tip is a member of the condy family anyways. So either way I'm kinda beat. But since the girl showed me those youtube videos she said its all a matter of opinion. She cant accept something thats not a definite killer.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

I wouldn't label them as a killer either, just moreso that they don't associate with Indo-Pacific teleosts we tend to populate our tanks with. They are not a natural symbiotic with clownfish, if that was the purpose of purchase, but then again most fish accustom to environments we provide, natural or not.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:36 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovator View Post
I wouldn't label them as a killer either, just moreso that they don't associate with Indo-Pacific teleosts we tend to populate our tanks with. They are not a natural symbiotic with clownfish, if that was the purpose of purchase, but then again most fish accustom to environments we provide, which isn't natural to them so fish adapt to what we provide.

Yep, the fish lady yesterday said it would adapt. But my concern is what if they don't? I don't want to sentence any new fish to death. In your opinion, should I try it out and see or try to find a home for this guy? I know its not the anenomes' fault i made a dumb move so I want it to be happy.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

If you want clownfish to have a better chancehosting with a nem then get another, more appropriate, species of nem; however, if all you care about are the fish not getting eaten then it may be worth a shot. All nems have potency to sting fish.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:00 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

If the fish could get hosted that would be an added bonus. BUT it's not my primary concern. My #1 concern is that all my livestock is healthy and happy.

I just scoped out the nem and he is really in there. He has two orange stalks stuck so far underneath rock I think I'd have to take the rock with him. lol

I appreciate the responses. Not one I told ya so! ( that was another thread hehe).

Two nems in one tank is a bad bad idea I suppose? Don't hate, just a question.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had this problem once with my old lfs, I found a new store and traded the anemone in at the new store for credit. I have been using them ever since.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Technically the lfs didn't do anything wrong other than having a "no refunds" policy.

As for multiple nems, I wouldn't put more than 2 in a 40g Breeder with 60g offering more space/less invasive to fish. Adding another nem is just increasing risk of stings.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #20
AA Team Emeritus

Technically the lfs didn't do anything wrong other than having a "no refunds" policy.

As for multiple nems, I wouldn't put more than 2 in a 40g Breeder with 60g offering more space/less invasive to fish (not counting mini carpets). Adding another nem is just increasing risk of stings.

Tags
anenome, lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com