Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #31
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here's mine in my 29 gallon Biocube. This is also the same Maroon clown I've had for two years (now in my 90). Note the green hair algae as my tank was still fairly new when it was added. It never moved from this spot and my other nem has not moved either. Both stayed in their respective spots I put them in for over a year.

What worked for me was to choose a spot to put the nem foot into. They like to put their foot into deep holes or crevices in your live rock. That way, they can anchor down into a spot and also retract if needed. Of course, this is a BTA and not a Condy...

I second the thought of finding a local reef club and going from there. Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-246241972.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	30022  

Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

You really should post some bad reviews on a number of sites, complain on their FB page....go all out. I hate when business owners treat their bread and butter like that!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:50 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

Post there name and i too will post bad reviews lol
Old 03-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I've been to every other store within a 2 hour range and everyone of them has heard bad things about "Pets 4 less" in Deland Florida. Even though its almost down the block I will never buy there again. They had some cool stuff too but I won't condone treating customers so poorly.

They lost out. i just bought 2 corals somewhere else and plan on getting a bunch more today and tomorrow. And then of course they lost the sale of my 4 fish I'm buying. This place wont last.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I know I'm partially to blame but customer service should be priority #1.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

We've got 2 okay fish stores, about 2 hours away from Deltona, in Palm Bay/Melbourne.
West Melbourne Aquatics genuinely cares about their fish and their customers, I'm unsure of their return policy.
Trident Pets I don't have a lot of experience with, I'll ask Corey (iDreamInSaltwater) and I'll edit his opinion in. From being in there a few times, they look good. I hear good things about them from other aquarists as well.
They're not mind-blowing fantastic, but if you're just looking for other options they're not too bad, within 2 hours.
If you do happen to check our stores out, stay clear of Nahacky's, they're a little sketchy.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thanks Jen! I think I may have lucked out in the last few days. I've been going to a place called amazing aquariums in Daytona and Fishie Things in Longwood.

The guy in daytona after checking my water wouldnt sell me any corals. My phosphates were too high he said. Now if thats not a guy looking out for his customers i don't know what is. lol And it's only an hour each way.

I'm starting to be able to read the B.S that the fish stores are trying to throw at me hehehe
Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah, once you've spent a little time on here, you can sense when the LFS is BSing. It's true.

But that's cool about your LFS. West Melbourne Aquatics refused to sell a customer a relatively new shipment of fish because some of them had died soon after delivery. He was worried they weren't going to make it, so told him to come back in a week and see. It's always nice when you experience a LFS who really cares.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

The guy in Daytona is a marine biologist. I went to order my fish and expected that after they came in he would hand them over. he keeps his new livestock qt'd then he puts them together (the clowns im looking at) til they pair up THEN I can come pick them up. I thought at the time it was super anal retentive but is that overkill?
Old 03-04-2011, 06:17 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, People, this has turned into a very useful thread. I thank everyone for not preaching and being straight forword in their advice. This is what makes AA a great forum.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:21 PM   #40
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I gotta say I was very pleased with the amount of information this one thread has given me. Everyone makes mistakes and people weren't judgemental at all. i really appreciate that.

Not only am I addicted to fish tanks but now to this forum!

Tags
anenome, lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com