Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-03-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LFS not co-operating with anenome issue

Well for those who missed my earlier thread I bought an anemone as my first SW purchase. I quickly found out that wasn't a wise move but was ready to go with it since he's in there and very happy it seems.

The problem is that it might be a condy. The woman insisted yesterday when i went there (they wouldnt answer their phone) that it was a pink tipped haaitiian. She said even if it were a condy it would be fine, she went so far as to pull up youtube videos to show me them hosting clowns.

So they will not take it back. No refunds, no store credit nada. Now what do I do with this guy? Still hang in there and hope for the best? Of course I will NEVER EVER go back to that store. It sucks cause after that store I've got over an hour trip each way to the next one. But I'm gonna stand by my guns on this one.

Has anyone had this happen before? And if so what did you do with the speciman? I know absolutley no one who would want it.

Thanks, and not sure if this is in the right forum so move if needed.

Old 03-03-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

What about store creidt if you bought something else from them?

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Threaten them by saying your going to stand outside the store and inform customers entering that they are not informative, unless they exchange the invert
Old 03-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

No store credit. I tried that. They actually have a bubble anemone that I know is good for clowns AND its twice the price but they weren't having it. They were still trying to sell me fish last night. I asked them if I bought clowns and the anenmone ate them if they would refund me. The woman gave me a dirty look and said nothing.

I wish I had the [moderator edit] to stand out side the store and [moderator edit] but I know I couldn't do it. And it does state on the receipt no returns on SW fish so they are legally protected.
I didn't use a credit card so I cant go to them for help.

Arghh this beautiful creature is stressing me out.

Thanks for the responses so far, keep em coming.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:40 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
Do you have another store in the area? See if they'll take it. I know my lfs doesn't really care if I bought it from them as long as it's healthy since they can resell it.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I can drive an hour to get to other stores. I found a marine biologist who runs a shop that I was gonna order my black percs from, maybe he would take it. I doubt it though since he's mostly corals and some specialty fish. Good thought tho. I still might call him.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
It never hurts to ask. Especially since after this you're more likely to buy from someone who actually helps you, they stand to make money by taking this nem.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

LOL That was what I figured with the local shop. But it seems they aren't in it for repeat business. I was gonna buy some cuc from them today too, now I have to contemplate the long journey to the marine guy. It takes almost a half tank of gas roundtrip and gas is over $3.39 a gallon here.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not even store credit, but at a discount? Most good saltwater shops will take corals in for store credit. (Coral frags, for example.) They're not going to give you full price, but will give you some percentage of what they can turn it around for. I can kind of see the LFS not giving you 100% of your money back, but I bet they'd be willing to give you partial credit.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:57 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Nope no store credit. I didnt want my money back per se, I still needed some snails and the such. i would have glady bought another anemone with the store credit too, one that was twice the price but she still said no.

Tags
anenome, lfs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com