Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-06-2003, 11:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
lfs question

my lfs who only carries freshwater fish says he will order me saltwater fish for my tank as long as i pick them up the day they come in. he lets me see the price he pays for them and will mark that up 25%. seems really fair to me. is this a smart move or not?

luvmyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 11:59 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via MSN to alrmc4
well imo one of the benefits of using a lfs is to see the fish in person eating and being active...that would be as iffy as ordering off the net to me.

like pictures? visit
alrmc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 12:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via ICQ to Terry Send a message via MSN to Terry
In my opinion, your lfs is being fair on the fact that he has only marked them up 25%. but i would also
check with him what come backs you have if they all die.
basically all you lfs is doing is giving you a drop off point for the fish for you to collect. If he was having them delivered to himself for a marine section he would quarentine them before sale. But because you are collecting them straight away he has put that down to you.
It might work out in your favour, but it could also work out to be a waste of money if they all die.
" There is to much information in this hobby to learn in one lifetime "
But with the help of Aquarium Advice we can
have a good try.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 12:18 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
It would be better if you ordered on line because you might pay more (because of shipping) compared to your lfs but most online fish stores guarantee live arrival and for the fish to stay alive for up to a week after arrival. Depending on how much you order you could get free shipping.
triggers is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com