lfs question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvmyfishies

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi,
my lfs who only carries freshwater fish says he will order me saltwater fish for my tank as long as i pick them up the day they come in. he lets me see the price he pays for them and will mark that up 25%. seems really fair to me. is this a smart move or not?

well imo one of the benefits of using a lfs is to see the fish in person eating and being active...that would be as iffy as ordering off the net to me.

In my opinion, your lfs is being fair on the fact that he has only marked them up 25%. but i would also
check with him what come backs you have if they all die.
basically all you lfs is doing is giving you a drop off point for the fish for you to collect. If he was having them delivered to himself for a marine section he would quarentine them before sale. But because you are collecting them straight away he has put that down to you.
It might work out in your favour, but it could also work out to be a waste of money if they all die.

It would be better if you ordered on line because you might pay more (because of shipping) compared to your lfs but most online fish stores guarantee live arrival and for the fish to stay alive for up to a week after arrival. Depending on how much you order you could get free shipping.

Back
Top Bottom