LFS water test..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tjara03

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok i went to a LFS today and got my water tested and i thought i would share the results with you guys and see waht you think...

Calcium--365
stronium--6
iodine--low
iodide--low
iodates--low
boron--2.76
organics--4
phosphate--2
nitrate--35
nitrite--trace
free ammonia--trace
total ammonia--trace
silicates-- .02
copper--0
alkalinity--2.75
PH--7.9
oxygen--6.8
magnesium--1236
iron--trace
salinity--1.026
vit/min--low

He suggested that i start adding trace elements.. i normaly do 10% water change weekly and did a 20% this week... this LFS guy seems very experienced and seemed to know well about what he was talking about... let me know what you guys think!! TIA!!

I agree. He is trying to make a sale. Trace elements are not needed as long as you do regular water changes. I am guessing the tank is just finishing the cycle? Levels are almost ready for fish. You need to look into a PH/ALK buffer.

Is this going to be a FO tank? In my 55 fowlr I never have used any additives and everything is fine. Some tanks need a little additive for cal and alk, my 125 reef took forever to get the coraline going and I was dosing daily.
Do you plan on corals? Doing regular water changes should be all that is needed right now.

its just fish only i not planning on corals soon because i in the military and can/have to move at anytime...

Back
Top Bottom