LFSs in Fort Worth, TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JeffH_1125

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings all,

Newbie to the site posting my first topic...please be gentle! :D

I'm in the planning stages of my first SW tank and am trying to find a couple of good LFSs in the Fort Worth area. I don't particularly trust the large chain pet stores, but I'm not too sure about some of the smaller strip mall stores either. Any fellow Fort Worthians out there have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Welcome to AA

If you dont mind the 2 hour drive theres a good one in Waco :D

Dont be shy about posting you might get barked at once in a while but you will learn that their bark is worse than their bite.

Thanks guys! I've been to Waco many times, but it would have to be a pretty darn good deal to get me to go back there! :mrgreen:

As for Pet o Rama, I will check that out. Hopefully I will find someone there with a clue as to what they are talking about. I have heard some good things about Dallas North Aquarium, off of I-35 in Carrollton. Anyone have any experience with them?

--Jeff--

IMO the absolute best LFS in the DFW area is Saltwater Paradise in Irving. They helped me set-up a sweet tank in my house and they have by far the best store around. Call ahead to find out what day they get their stuff in, because it goes fast. Usually Wednesday or Thursday is a good day to stop by - they have tons of stuff and are very knowledgeable.

I did some checking today and couldnt get anyone to recommend a store in FT. Worth. Granted I asked Waco people, but they all knew of stores in Dallas, but none in the good part of the metroplex (I was born in Ft Worth)

People that dont live in the DFW area dont appreciate what a drive it is to go from Ft. Worth the anywhere in the Dallas Area.

What is the name of the aquarium store in Waco? Would it be worth a trip from Austin? Waco is 90 minutes from me.

Thanks for the info and effort guys! Much appreciated! I'll check out Saltwater Paradise in Irving. Sounds like a good alternative to Dallas North Aquarium, as I've heard from people other than Dusty that it's a great store if you can afford it. If anyone else has any good stores they frequent, please let me know. I'd like to have 2-3 good places to frequent.

--Jeff--

I recommned it because he has fair prices and has always given me good advice. He wont let somebody buy a fish they cant care for or are not ready for.

His selection isnt very good, but he lets me see all 3 lists he gets every week and I can order straight off of them.

Probably not worth the trip from Austin unless you knew he had something you wanted.

PM me if you want contact info.

Jeff

Dustybrannum and I have chatted off line as I live in Sherman and work in the DFW area. I freq Aquatic Design which is in Plano and The Fish Gallery which is off of Greenville Ave in Dallas. I agree that Dallas North is double that of other stores and the advice doesnt constitue any higher prices there for sure as I have gotten just as good advice from the other stores. I know this doesnt help your Ft Worth deal but these are 2 other good stores as well. I have also heard good things about the one in Irving and Hurst but never been there...good luck....by the way what are you looking for? Live or drystock?

I have been to Saltwater Paradise and their corals are not too expensive. In Waco there are two. One is North Waco Tropical and the other is Bridgeman's. There was one called Sea Cove but they have either moved or closed down. Both of the previous two are good and healthy and also pretty good on prices on their fish.

Dont be shy about posting you might get barked at once in a while but you will learn that their bark is worse than their bite.

Well, I was going to bark at you, but I didn't want it to hurt too badly- so I'm biting instead. Tee hee hee. :wink:

There is a place in Arlington called Tranquilscape. I am just about to start a SW tank and went there. Their tanks are beautiful and the people who work there are very nice and helpful. They have a website here http://tranquilscape.com/ which has the address on it.

Thanks for the advice fishman. Honestly, I don't mind a drive if I'm going to get good service and knowledgeable people. Right now I'm looking for everything! I haven't purchased a tank or any equipment yet. Right now I'm just trying to learn as much as I can before I buy anything. Near the top of my "to-do" list was to find a few good stores. I'll check out that store in Arlington too. I think I know exactly where it is. Kat, you're the second person to mention Saltwater Paradise, so I think I will definitely check them out.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the advice! I welcome any other places someone might be able to suggest!

Back
Top Bottom