Lifetime supply of Kalkwasser...CHEAP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have come across kalkwasser recently in my reading, but have not read anything that says what it is or what its for. All I have been able to find out so far is that its used for reef tanks (which I am in the proccess of gathering info to set one up), and I was wondering if you could tell me what its for etc......
Thanks so much,
Zero

That is more than likely a farm grade lime, I would not put anything in my tank that was not at least food grade. The impurities in the lime may pose some problems in your tank, although I have read of others using this in their tanks with no deliterious effects.

Here is a link to smaller amounts of pickling lime...>>Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime<<

I use Mrs. Wages I can get it local for just over $1/lb. This ammount usually lasts me for a few months. Buying lime in huge quanties would worry me because you need to keep it dry and away from mosture and humidity.

Actually, it is chemical grade. My sudo mentor uses it in his 5,000 gallon reef, and has been for some time with no ill effects.

(y) (y) Yep, it would be an awesome deal, but probably too good a deal for my 20g ;) If you use it, let us know how you combat moisture. Not sure how humid it is in St Louis, but here in FL, the air is thick with moisture.

Yeah, it's a bit much for my 55 too 8O But the way I see it, even if I only refill my 3.5oz bottle of $9.95 Kent stuff, I'm doing alright. I'll use the rest to mark off a soccer field in the yard for my daughter :D

The humidity is pretty bad here too because of the rivers. Could I maybe store some in airtight containers? Perhaps in the freezer?

Back
Top Bottom