Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jross1984

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can you have tow much light I have 2 t5 lights 1 white 1 blue and thinking of getting another light because I have a sand anemone now but I have green star polyps near the top and don't want to stress it out what do you think ?

some more detail on your tank would be helpful. Size? Dimension?
and 2 T5 at wat watts?

some more detail on your tank would be helpful. Size? Dimension?
and 2 T5 at wat watts?

Sorry I'm new to this I have 2 24 watt t5 my tank is 30 gal the lights are 438 mm long

The more the better really I would put 4 tubes over your tank. The tubes should cover the the length of the tank. I have star polyps at the top of my rock work and its under a 8 tube 8x54w light unit ;)

The more the better really I would put 4 tubes over your tank. The tubes should cover the the length of the tank. I have star polyps at the top of my rock work and its under a 8 tube 8x54w light unit ;)

Thanks what about the heat and evap

T5's don't kick out that much heat so you will be fine with 4 tubes over it. It won't make much difference with evap ;)

If you lived close to me I would sell you a Hagen glo 2x24w light starter for really really cheap as its sat under my tank doing nothing lol

Oh yeah oyf709 is right anemone's need intense lighting and pristine water quality. Maybe stick 6 tubes over your tank, until then keep it well fed by target feeding it meaty foods every week. I feed my 4 nems with a turkey Baster and blast it with mysis !

If you lived close to me I would sell you a Hagen glo 2x24w light starter for really really cheap as its sat under my tank doing nothing lol

I'm in Southampton not sure where you are

also worth to mention is that , using T5 require on top of bulb change. Make sure you will do the bulb change every 8 too 12 months. your coral and especially your anemone need proper spectrum to grow and survive.

2 T5's is not much. Probably good for viewing fish only. 4 T5's would be a bare minimum to keep corals or photo inverts. Especially if the T5's are standards and not even high output.

Back
Top Bottom