Light Recommendations for new 150!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TreyC2010

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 48"x24"x32" tank. It's going to be a reef tank with live rock. What kind of light should I use?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Two taotronics LEDs from ebay/amazon would cover 2 feet of tank and are your cheapest option. There are many other options, I personally prefer LEDs and this all depends on your willingness to spend.

What about up to $1000? If you don't know of any off hand thats fine. I was just wondering.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If you want to upgrade from the usual tao lights, you could go with either radions or AI vegas or sol's. They will be awesome and penetrate the water very well and come in under $1000 or about there. Both those brands in my opinion are excellent and a solid product. They have all the bells and whistles you could ever want. BUT they will not grow coral any faster or better than the tao's. You are paying for the xtras and name and warranty.

I use them on my 57 gal rimless and love them. What drew me to them was the mounting ability and sleek look. They have sufficient power to grow anything and also programmable.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would go with the 2 tao's or equivalent of those. Like carey said the "name brand" led's have extras that you, and more imprtantly your corals, don't need. They will not grow your corals any faster/better than the tao's. You'll have more money for corals also. Can't go wrong with more coral money.

Sent from my ME302C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom