Light Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nole_87

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just set up my tank and I am wondering if I am running my lights too long. I have Cree LED's, white and blue. The blues run from 11am-11pm and the whites run at the same time from 12pm-9pm. This was what the original owner of the tank ran and I am worried that it is too much. Any Suggestions? Also my current water temp is ~75.7 degrees is this too cold?

......the original owner had tank up and running for a year and he gave me a few rocks however I had to add some to it though. So I guess you could say its well established.

I wouldnt say its established yet until the actual tank sits awhile. I run my rank around 80 but would like it to be at 78 I just can't get it down that far. Ur lighting schedule sounds good are u dojng a reef or fish only? I run my blues for 12 hours and whites for 8.

It's a coral and fish tank. I have a 1 blue damsel in the tank to make sure he stays healthy with my current setup. Working on my cuc though, I have a large amount of bristle worms and a small bubble algae problem I plan on taking care of this weekend. I keep my heater at 80 but it only keeps the water at that temp. I figure it's fine for now

Most coral comes from near equatorial regions. They get 12 - 13 hours of sunlight each day. Reef tanks usually run actinics for 12 hours and white light for 10 hours.

My LEDs start at 11am with a 2 hour ramp up to 100%, then at 100% for 8 hours followed by a 2 hour ramp down to sunset. Then some of the whites are on at 10% power for moonlight.

Your lighting schedule is fine.

Back
Top Bottom