Light thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltwaternewbie12

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you guys think of this light? Looking to upgrade the crazy cheap beamswork led strip I have now. Tank is 27 cube. Tank Measures 20x18x19.5

Maybe this will work

Attachments

• IMG_1093.jpg
    IMG_1093.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1094.jpg
    IMG_1094.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 61
So I ordered the light. I figure for $60 if it's no good, I won't be out much and my husband can use it for something lol. A few things I noticed is 1- it only has one power cord, lights are either all on, or all off. 2- no dimmer knob. Reviews say it's lighting power is about equal to a radion on at 100%.... is this a bad thing? Any ideas on how I can dim the light a little to let the tank adjust to the higher light? Or will it be a non issue and I should just plug it in and let it run?

No, that is pretty much to be expected. I'd hang it high above the tank and use some light defuser over the tank itself.
LEDs penetrate water much better than bulbed units. I run my radions at 65% and can keep anything I want in the system...even at the bottom of the tank.

Awesome! I'll try that! I think it's about 2 weeks shipping time so we will see when the time comes!

New lights came in 3 days ago!! Shipping was amazingly fast!! One LED had a crazy flicker, but has since started working normally, so idk what was up with that!

Now tank has some kind of gross algae or something on rocks and sand. I was told it was from the higher lights, but I also did a water change with tap (well) water around the same time so it could have been that too.... IMG_1248.jpgIMG_1263.jpg

You could have gotten a mars aqua panel with separate power cords and dimmers for $30 more. Id return it.

This tank will probably be upgraded into a 90 gallon in a few months, so this is more temporary. I already have the tank up and full of water, just going super slow at it. Once I'm done with rock work, I'll be ordering new lights.

Back
Top Bottom