Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlord97

Aquarium Advice Regular
Kessil, aqua illumination sol blue, rapid led DIY kits, or any other suggestions that might get me out of this 3 way tie with lights. Anything helps

Mlord97 said:
Kessil, aqua illumination sol blue, rapid led DIY kits, or any other suggestions that might get me out of this 3 way tie with lights. Anything helps

I'm looking into the rapid led diy kits for my 75 gl fowlr soon to be soft coral reef . I already have a 216w t5 fixture I will be adding the diy kit . I have read a lot of good reviews for the 24 led dimming kit I want .

Check out Apollo reef led I love mine and not a bad price

I was looking in to Apollo LEDs. Would you still recommend them? I saw this thread is a bit old so I hope no one minds me jumping in. I was thinking 3 of the cube light 36 watt over a 75 gallon. Would this work?

So you must live near Nepa u will only need one or two for a 36" 75 gallon tank I have an oceanic 75 gallon that is 36 long and 24 high and one is perfect I also have no cross bar in the top so there is no shadows but one leaves ample amount of room on each side for soft corals... I would go with one Apollo if u don't have the bar on top and then 2 if u have the bar but why spend 350 on two apollos when u have get the ecotech raddions For the price of 2 apollos

I was looking at a 48" long 75 gallon, I haven't seen any 36" long. Which fixtures do you have? To get the coverage I would need the only option I saw was the 3 small ones, it would be about $400. Do they require a controller too?

I would look at the Apollo led fixture I use one on my 36"long 75 gallon for 46 u would need 2 they are dim able and can be hooked up to a controller but don't need to be they are amazing lights and they make coral grow light weeds

Also go on amazon and look at the taotronics they see also sweet lights and much cheeper

I have read a bit about the taotronics being loud, I may go with the Apollo lights. do you know which fixture you have on your tank? I could probably do 2 by the time my new build gets to that point. I like the fact that you seem to like them and have good growth.

The Taotronics aren't loud. I have 5 of them running over my system. I have no complaints about them and they grow corals just as well as any other fixture.

My personal recommendation is Kessil. For the price, size, and power they are hard to beat. The new A350 hangs over my 29g tank. Great light, no heat, spectrum and dimming control. Got mine for $375 new.

I need to modify my hood a bit, i need it to hang a few inches higher for best coverage. Iphone pics up more blue than you really see. Also te blue and white is adjustable.

Attachments

• image-731254727.jpg
    image-731254727.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 87
  • image-328300369.jpg
    image-328300369.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 66
The Kessil lights and the Apollo lights are very similar I got the 350 model they are dimable they are there new model they just came out with I live near Wilkes barre, Pa they are usually were just an area thing but seems that the Apollo are really taking off mine is 2 months old and I loveee it they have them in stock at knock out aquatics if u are familiar to Northeast P.a and I do some ppl with the taotronics who loves them and never had any issues with them they are a high output led light very similar to the Apollo led lights but like I said for your tank u would need 2 fixtures that run 350 each 3 would be over kill

The Taotronics aren't loud. I have 5 of them running over my system. I have no complaints about them and they grow corals just as well as any other fixture.

What taotronics fixture do you have?

So 2 of them would grow sps lps and softies in a 75 gallon tank with no issues? I may order 1 for my 29 then get a second when I upgrade this summer.

Sorry to jump in.... I'm looking into getting a taotronics fixture too. Would 1 unit work on my 40 breeder tank? Or would I need 2? Thanks :)

Eric, yes.
lbannie, yes, it most certainly would. You would just need to raise it up a bit higher so that you would get even coverage.

Here's my light I got from twilight group. I love it I ended up spending an extra $40 and got a model with a built in timer, it was still less than $200. I love it, I have it over a 47g column tank (20x18x30) . I have 90 deg optics, and try to keep most of the light intensive coral higher up in the tank, but everything seems to be happy with the light, I have anemones assorted polyps Kenya tree bubble coral on the sand bed, I have sps about half way up on the rocks.

image-3223758822.jpg

Back
Top Bottom