lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobra2003rg

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I have a 26 gallon bowfront Fowlr
In the tank is

One blue/green chromis
One blue damsel
One tomato clown
One rose urchin
Two peppermint shrimp
One Haitian pink tip condy
And 5 snails

I am currently running 2 flourescent 600 lumen bulbs. Are these good enough lights or what?

The only thing in your tank that requires any type of special lighting, would be the anemone.
I'm not sure what a 600 lumen fluorescent bulb is. Is it a normal fluorescent tube (T12), or is it a T5,T8? What wattage is it, this would help.

Nope, not strong enough. Your condy is probably pretty mad right now.. Anemones are part photosynthetic creatures. You shouldn't see white in the condy, it should almost look dirty. You will need strong lighting, at least a 4 bulb t5ho fixture. Halides/ LEDs would be ideal though, just because they penetrate well and are strong.

Yeah, your going to need a lot more, sorry :/

I would either return the condy, or get much higher powered lighting soon. A 120w led fixture from Taotronics is about 150$ ( I think it might be less) and will take care of the condy very nicely.

Yeah, definitely not enough light. An anemone needs quite a bit of light.
You should have a 4-bulb T5 HO unit, or an LED unit, like cowbell suggested for a Nem.
You might get away with a 2-bulb T5 unit, but that's really sketchy.

Back
Top Bottom