Lighting Choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Gonna have to ensure you've got sufficient cooling. You could have a 3-4 degree temp increase.

What kinda reef? Hard corals? If not, see if there are 4x65w PCs in 3 footers. There are plenty of corals that could do fine with a lot less light (and heat). I'm not against MHs at all, just want to make sure you know what you're getting into.

Great suggestion Ray. Both of the hoods listed are very nice and pretty much identical. MH is nice and will give you the option for a bit more variety, but softies and LPS corals will do just fine under CF lighitng. If you do not plan on SPS or clams, skip the MH.

Actually, I was planning on a mix of hard & soft corals and a clam or two would be nice. However, I'm still in the learning process and am not sure which way I'll go.

Thanks for the input on the PC's.

** Looked around a bit. I only see the 4-65watt lights in 48". The 36" models have 2-96 watt.

Actually, I was planning on a mix of hard & soft corals and a clam or two would be nice.
In that case, either the coralife or orbit will be just fine. Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Back
Top Bottom