Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-19-2005, 01:58 PM   #11
vettin2nite here should be a link for some retro kits. I'm having trouble finding the six foot retro but two 36 inchers would spec out the same as the 72" one I have.

Here one on the same sight if you wanted some MH style lights but this will probably be overkill for a FOWLR. Its a full 72" with moonlights.

Here is another website. Its at hellolights.com for a buil it yourself retrofit that you can use whatever you want in it . MH, VHO, PC, Etc.

Hey I hope these links work but I dont know if they will. First time doing this If they dont Pm me with how to do it and Ill redo it for you. HTH
Old 11-19-2005, 05:13 PM   #12
Oh yeah,
and i was wondering if i could drill holes in a non retro and screw it to my canopy's cross braces?
That might be a problem even though the case on the coralife is all aluminum and would probably hold no problem, it would render the fans in the top of the unit useless and then another thing to think about would be how to remove the piece of lexan the use to cover the bulbs from water. The only way it can be removed is to slide it out from the side and unless you build a canapy that the side lifts up your SOL.

125 gallon, fish only, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com