Lighting ? for 125 Gal. fish only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I may make a suggestion, since your tank is 6' long, I would recommend getting the Coralife 72", which would cover your entire tank. I have the 48" retro on my 4' tank and love it. The canopy will be fine at 10".

You can add the moonlights as well. They are cheap enough on E-Bay.

HTH

Mike

Hope this will end all light woes. I Have a 6' tank, AGA210 with the 72" coralife. I used the feet that coralife sells to raise the light off of the tank surface approximatly 2.5 to 3" and only had small dark spot at the top of the tank close to the front and the back, but at your location 10" off of the surface then there should not be any dark spots whatsoever. That unit had the 4 95 watters in. If thats not enough they do make one with six 95 watters but a fowlr probably wouldn't need that much. It also comes with moonlights. Very cool for night viewing. HTH

The good thing is he is looking at the retro kit, which he can mount in his canopy to get it off the glass. After doing so, I wouldn't have it any other way. You will love the Coralife!

Lemon - Have you tried the 50/50 bulbs in those yet? I was looking to replace my 10,000K's soon and wanted something more in the blue spectrum.

Mike

No I havent, I ordered some when I first got the unit due to rough shipping methods but instead of shipping me the 50/50's they sent 2 more 10k's. Thats the only thing with power compacts, I shure wish they made pc's in 14 and 20k. But when set up new 90 gal after move looking into MH just for the different kelvin ratings available for reefing.

I want to try the 50/50's in the next couple of weeks. Right now, I use the Coralife to supplement my 2 250 MH 14K. You will be happy with those if you are using the Coralife's already at the same time.

Mike

That sound like a plan to me. I almost want to be able to move tomarro just because this darn tankbug is starting to itch and want to scratch it. Oh, well I guess I will have to wait till febuary till I can do anything. That should ge me enough time to save up and get almost everything at once. I shure hope I can find some southdown out there in Az.

I haven't been able to find any out here. I ordered sand from premiumaquatics.com for my 120g. Shipping nearly killed me on it! What part of AZ are you moving to?

Mike

Probably going back to my hometown of Tucson or maybe just outside of it. Seems like they got some new houses going up by oracle junction that look pretty interesting. Cool view of the back side of Mt. Lemon and not to crowded. Another idea was maybe up in Flag but deffinatly would want to get an indoor job before even thinking of that during the winter.

Can you post a link for the 6 ft? All i could find in there retro was the 4 ft....and i was wondering if i could drill holes in a non retro and screw it to my canopy's cross braces?

vettin2nite here should be a link for some retro kits. I'm having trouble finding the six foot retro but two 36 inchers would spec out the same as the 72" one I have.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Product...es/T1/F38AB+0047+0876/EDP/40489/Itemdy00.aspx

Here one on the same sight if you wanted some MH style lights but this will probably be overkill for a FOWLR. Its a full 72" with moonlights.

http://www.thatpetplace.com/Product...es/T1/F52DB+0047+1114/EDP/49867/Itemdy00.aspx

Here is another website. Its at hellolights.com for a buil it yourself retrofit that you can use whatever you want in it . MH, VHO, PC, Etc.

http://hellolights.com/buildyourown.html

Hey I hope these links work but I dont know if they will. First time doing this If they dont Pm me with how to do it and Ill redo it for you. HTH

Oh yeah,
and i was wondering if i could drill holes in a non retro and screw it to my canopy's cross braces?

That might be a problem even though the case on the coralife is all aluminum and would probably hold no problem, it would render the fans in the top of the unit useless and then another thing to think about would be how to remove the piece of lexan the use to cover the bulbs from water. The only way it can be removed is to slide it out from the side and unless you build a canapy that the side lifts up your SOL.

Back
Top Bottom