lighting for 29 gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

divedeep1689

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey guys looks like my fish only tank may turn into a reef tank with low lighting corals someone gave me a corallife 30 inch 65 wat 50/50 strait pin compact light for my birthday :rolleyes: my friend who works at petco used to work at petland but had a pay raise to move to petco and has turned my local petco into a great place to buy fish he has them so healthy i know petco has bad rep but he fixed ours but he said its enough light for some zoas and leathers nothing else tho its like 2.24 wats a gallon i guess thats enough for zoas and leathers right?

alright yea i have heard but its always good to try to have a good amount of wpg tho i am taking everyones answer on the leathers and zoas by way i aske innovator in a chat just now he was unsure of the leathers but said i could try it so thats one yes one maybe :) i also plan on having lots of macro alage in this tank so i can take some out and feed to tang also becuase this tank will be hooked up to my 55 gal just have to get some that wont cause a tank crash, like the cheato does already have some in my sump but under low lights

Hey guys when i finally got enough light in my 55 for corals tank was already pretty much matured so i don't know how long to wait before adding corals to this new tank fish (two clowns) will be in it Thursday as it has been cycling for 2 weeks with handfuls of sand, rocks and filter from old tank.

oh ok cool hey also on this post i am wanting to put some macro algae in here some that will not go asexual and cause a tank wipe out but still looks good. give me some suggestions if ya have any.

Back
Top Bottom