Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-15-2006, 02:42 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando
Well, it is on the low end for almost any coral. If you have enough LR that you can place the coral high in the tank you my be able to keep some mushrooms or low-light zoos/polyps.
Well in my tank I have 2x30w fluros and I have been keeping coralamorphs for well almost a year now. Some of my other inverts have reproduced from one to four or five as well.

flanque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sdelin, thanks for sharing me the possible corals I can have. I am so pumped up by what I can put in there now. So excited. I will probably donate the trigger once I have saved enough for the next wave of purchases (corals).

The trigger's been in the tank for more than a year now. The Tang has been in the tank for more than 6 months now. It's weird because I think my Picasso is the sissy Picasso. It's friendly to everyone, including the small maroon who bullies it, and the tang. The tang and the trigger swims together everyday. They're doing follow-the-leader games (just like in the pic) or side-by-side swimming. The trigger swims and the tang follows along. So far so good.

Your tank is natural and amazing. I may have a different restriction in specimen than you because I noticed that you have a very good viltration.

I will definitely keep in touch with you, though, since it looks like we coincidently have a similar setup (if corals aren't considered)....except the filtration ofcourse.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:16 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Please do! PM sent.

Flanque, nice avitar pic! Whadacutie!
Old 01-15-2006, 04:52 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

He's my wee Otis. We had to put him down a few weeks ago. Very sad.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:16 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm sorry about Otis. I'm sure he was loved and felt loved. Sad they can only be in our lives for such a short time.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Very much. He was my best friend. Always happy to see me and be with me.

I read on another forum an analogy that your departed dogs are waiting on the other side of the bridge, patiently, for you to cross over and enjoy each other's company again.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:49 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Dogs are exceptionally passionate. I have a Bichon Frise. His name is Cooper and he is 2 years old. For 2 years now, he's always given me this undivided excitedness whenever I come home from work. Every day, not a day is missed, he is consistently excited to see me which makes me feel very special. After a 7 - 10 minute excitedness, he goes about being a normal dog, playing with his toys.

I learned from Buddhism that some spirits who had a sinful previous life becomes dogs in present life. And their mission is to truly be loving and passionate to others in order to earn a peaceful and wealthy human life in the next life time. So whenever I look my dog, it gives me this idea that he's not only doing it as a reward in the next life time, he really wants to mean it in order to deserve a better next life time.

Otis, in reference to the Buddhist belief, may well be reincarnated into a loving individual now who will become a very special person to one of your future loved ones (children perhaps).

May Otis have a wonderful life time.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #18
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well if there is such a place after this world/life I really look forward to seeing and playing with him again.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:17 AM   #19
Aquarium Advice Addict

Funny, I was going to comment on the fact that Otis may already be back and you may see him again, but as something/someone else, but wasn't sure about posting about my beliefs here. Didn't want to offend, but I do truely believe that, I don't know Buddhism, but my religion believes basically the same.

I've kind of decided that when my Simba leaves me, he'll come back to me in some way.
Old 01-17-2006, 01:21 AM   #20
Aquarium Advice FINatic

It'd be nice if you knew where and in what form.

Tags
55 gallon, coral, corals, hard coral, hard corals, light, lighting, reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com