Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-29-2008, 11:04 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Oh yeah, trust me, I have absolutely no issues with the fixture at all. I think it's of the highest quality both in craftsmanship and parts, especially with the IceCap components. I'm not the one with the problem, my wallet is.

But look at the bright side, I should be able to have just about any corals that strike my fancy, all without boiling the tank. I'll post up some pics once it is up and running.

Anyone have any suggestions for bulb selection and placement? Best setup for timings? For those that don't know the fixture, it has 6x 54W (overdriven to 80W) T5 and 2x 1W LED moonlights. One power cord/ballast controls 2 bulbs, the other controls 4. Moonlights have separate power cord.

Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

**Bump**

Any suggestions for bulb combinations and/or lighting schedules?

Old 04-13-2008, 07:40 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Newbie

any updates ? I am going to buy the same lights and want to find out what you thought of them.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:28 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

SPS and clams will do fine under T5 lighting. You shouldn't have any trouble with that unit. Icecap stands behind their products!
Ziggy953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I knoqw that I was just wanting to hear from the guy who has the light and see what it looked like on his tank etc.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:57 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

I am very pleased with the light. I have had it for about 2 months now and everything is going great. I would recommend this to anyone. Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #17
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Got any pics?
Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaFishels View Post
I am very pleased with the light. I have had it for about 2 months now and everything is going great. I would recommend this to anyone. Hope this helps.
I would love to see pics did you hang it r use legs ? Is their any heat issues with it at all ? How are thhe bulbs burning in any issues with that ? customer support with them how is that ? I wanna hear it all if i AM GONNA spend 1k on some lights i would love to see them in action first.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #19
Aquarium Advice Activist

The light fixture is absolutely awesome. I currently have the legs on it right now, but I bought the hanging kit and I just haven't hung it yet. Absolutely no issues with the bulbs burning in at all, the thing works like a champ. The customer support from Aquactinics is absolutely top-notch. I had a switch in the unit fail after about a week and I called them up and they shipped a replacement switch out right away. The craftsmanship of the fixture is great, it's a very well built solid fixture. Coming from the crappy 2-bulb unit I had prior, you can see when you first flip the switch on it why they call it a Solar Flare. The tank just looks absolutely amazing under the lights.

I will post up some pics of the tank with the Aquactinics fixture when I get home tonight.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaFishels View Post
The light fixture is absolutely awesome. I currently have the legs on it right now, but I bought the hanging kit and I just haven't hung it yet. Absolutely no issues with the bulbs burning in at all, the thing works like a champ. The customer support from Aquactinics is absolutely top-notch. I had a switch in the unit fail after about a week and I called them up and they shipped a replacement switch out right away. The craftsmanship of the fixture is great, it's a very well built solid fixture. Coming from the crappy 2-bulb unit I had prior, you can see when you first flip the switch on it why they call it a Solar Flare. The tank just looks absolutely amazing under the lights.

I will post up some pics of the tank with the Aquactinics fixture when I get home tonight.

I would be very interested to see a pic of the lights on ( from underneath) and some 360 of the light itself and a pic of it on the tank on. I appreciate it if you can swing it. I have been debating over the tek or the solar. if I go solar it has to make stuff really pop for the price difference.. I can buy two tek 6 bulbs for less than one solar flare so I'm weighing it out and your pictures will be my deciding factor.\

Also is their a heat issue at all did it change anything in the tank as fa as warming it more ? I use egg crate on my 75 and will be using legs on it not hanginng it so any details would be great to know.

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com