Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-29-2007, 11:39 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
I run a 2x250 14K's and 2x54 watt T5 actinics. I like the blue look. I run 3 PC fans in my canopy and have a basement sump but my temps stay at 80F. I have seen 84F in the summer on occasion.

The color of the MH's will depend on the brand of bulb. I have been using the 14k Reeflux. They are not too blue but have have some actinic output. I bought a 150 14K bulb off ebay last week for my frag system. It was a no name bulb and is pretty yellow. Some 20k's are more like 14's and some 14k's look like 20k's. Just find a bulb that you like the color of. Acclimation is the key if you are just starting to use the MH's but you don't have too much light. I keep a lot of acros and a clam. You really would not need that much light if you don't plan to keep high light demanding corals/clams though.

*180 gal Display, 100 gal basement sump, 33 gal refugium, 3x250 MH, 2x160 VHO actinics, zoos, some softies, LPS & lots of acros and other SPS.
*100 gal prop tank plumbed into main system w/ 2x96 PC lights and 1x150 MH,
ellisz is offline   Reply With Quote

5 gallon, 75 gallon, light, lighting

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search