Lighting for a 46 gal bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rsquared333

Aquarium Advice Freak
I need to know if a Current USA Orbit 36" 2 x 96 Watt Power Compact Strip Light W/ 3 Lunar Lights would be suffient lighting for a 46 gal bow front tank with the measurements 36l x 16w x 20h ( thats about 4.2 watts/gal but I wasn't sure if the depth would hurt that). I am trying to make a reef tank with a med to high amount of corals, anemones, and inverabrates with several small fish (nothing over 4-6"). and suggestions would be helpful.

That would be fine for most softies, zoos, polyps, and shrooms. Maybe /maybe not for stonies depending on where you place them. You probably won't have any issues. It's not like they are going to be sitting on the bottom of the tank. They will be stacked up on the rocks right?

that sounds good, i bought a coralife 2X96W with 2-lunar lights from www.hellolights.com and i have the 46 gallon bow, and i am extremely happy with it. It is a very quite unit even with the two fans running.

Back
Top Bottom